Solved! Cannot Play Blu-ray discs after reinstalling windows 7

mnomaanw

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2010
I Cannot Play Blu-ray discs after reinstalling windows 7 on my Dell XPS 15.
When I Bought this Laptop it was playing blu-rays without any problem.
I had formatted the hard disk to make partitions.
Then i reinstalled windows 7 and now it reads the disc but no autoplay option.
I installed codecs and tried VLC,GOM,MP classic but none of them played it.
What should i do?

Solution
Did you use actual Win 7 disc or Dell Recovery Disc? If you used Win 7 disc, it does not have codecs for blu-ray, as you might found out. You need to install a blu-ray player software. VLC does not have the codecs.

electrontau

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2010
Did you use actual Win 7 disc or Dell Recovery Disc? If you used Win 7 disc, it does not have codecs for blu-ray, as you might found out. You need to install a blu-ray player software. VLC does not have the codecs.

Solution

agent2

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2010
I had the same problem with my Vaio. What I think you should do is go to the Dell website to get the Drivers for your model laptop and then eather order all the drivers for your laptop from Dell (you have to pay for it) or create a backup disk with all the drivers you need on it after you DL them (free) in case you need them again in the future. Be sure to DL all the drivers for your model laptop while you are at the Dell website because they are usualy the most up to date. here is the link http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/index.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&~ck=anavml