Solved! Cannot use internal microphone while speakers are connected

Oct 23, 2020
This problem has started recently. My speakers have 2 jack connectors, one for input (pink) and one for output (green), while my laptop has a speaker/microphone combo port. Because of this, I have always used only the output jack of the speakers, and used my laptop's internal microphone.

However, a few days ago I noticed a buzzing sound coming out of the speakers when using apps that use the microphone. I have also tried recording my voice to see if it works but only the buzzing sounds gets recorded, and the microphone is unresponsive in the "Recording" tab of the sound control panel.

I have to note that I also have a linux distro installed and have tested the microphone on it as well, and it works without any problems with the speakers connected. I have also reinstalled the Realtek HD Audio driver.

Any help is appreciated:)

Last edited:
Solution
This sounds like your system might think you are attaching a headset. Try using Realtek Audio Manager to set the device as speakers only.
Dec 18, 2020
This sounds like your system might think you are attaching a headset. Try using Realtek Audio Manager to set the device as speakers only.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS