Cannot view files from SD card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anwar0703

Honorable
Dec 11, 2013
when trying to upload pictures from my camera's sd card, i can only see a file named _[$]_TESTFILE_[$]_ . when the card is in the camera, i can see all the pictures.
Please help.

Solution
you have a virus.. do this
I did some research and came to know that these files are hidden by Trojan Viruses within registry values.

This behavior can be changed using Command Prompt. Let’s see how it works.

Open Run (Win+R) and type cmd and press Enter.

A command Prompt will appear, type cd\ and hit enter.. This command will let the command applicable to Root directories and sub folders also.

Not type I: and Enter {Note: Type your driver letter in the place of I. (ex H, G.. etc}

Type dir/ah and Enter. This Command useful to identify the directories effected by the viruses.

Now type attrib –h –s /s /d and hit Enter [attrib –h{space}-s{space}/s{space}/d]

After a few seconds you can see your driver letter again...

Louis Andrei Suba

Honorable
Aug 24, 2013
you have a virus.. do this
I did some research and came to know that these files are hidden by Trojan Viruses within registry values.

This behavior can be changed using Command Prompt. Let’s see how it works.

Open Run (Win+R) and type cmd and press Enter.

A command Prompt will appear, type cd\ and hit enter.. This command will let the command applicable to Root directories and sub folders also.

Not type I: and Enter {Note: Type your driver letter in the place of I. (ex H, G.. etc}

Type dir/ah and Enter. This Command useful to identify the directories effected by the viruses.

Now type attrib –h –s /s /d and hit Enter [attrib –h{space}-s{space}/s{space}/d]

After a few seconds you can see your driver letter again this means the process is completed.

then run a virus check

Solution

Anwar0703

Honorable
Dec 11, 2013
Genius Louis!!! DOS for dummies was perfect for me :)
I can now see all my files. However, no viruses were detected and i can still see the _[$]_TESTFILE_[$]_
I have backed everything, so i think i will reformat the card.

thanks for your help

priyabhatt

Honorable
Dec 16, 2013
Dear Louis, i did the same but my SD card is showing only one folder "FOUND.000" with files as FILE0000.CHK and so on. PLz help as this is not a correct format for my pictures. i cant see them. how can i recover my pictures now. plz help as these pics are really important.

Status
Not open for further replies.