Canon 60 Screen Not Working

Jon_20

Commendable
Mar 31, 2016
8 min. ago | #1
So my 60D has been having issues lately. I noticed one day that there was condensation in my screen randomly one day so I put it in rice for a day and when I took it out the screen didn't work. Every other aspect of the camera still works great but the LCD screen doesn't work. I bought a replacement screen and tried to install it, but it still wouldn't work after connecting it to the circuit. I tried it again a few weeks later and the screen turned on the actual LED lights around the screen, but the actual screen still wouldn't pull anything up. I guess my question is, Do you think the problem is with the Circuit board or am I just possibly not installing it correctly. I ended up purchasing another 60D so I have a functioning, but would love to get this running again!

Solution
If you want it fixed and in a timely manner, send it in for repair. A service center has the ability to do board level diagnostics. But the costs will likely exceed the value of the camera given its age.

Since I don't have the camera in front of me, I would guess it is the circuit board. Since you've already opened it up, look at it. If the board is shorted out it should look and possibly smell shorted out. Water by itself won't kill electrical components. It is what it does with the power that does the damage.

Although it is a bit strange to replace a 6 year old camera with another 6 year old camera. You weren't tempted by something like a 80d (which is reputed to be the first Canon with a modern sensor in many years.) or the...

bjornl

Estimable
If you want it fixed and in a timely manner, send it in for repair. A service center has the ability to do board level diagnostics. But the costs will likely exceed the value of the camera given its age.

Since I don't have the camera in front of me, I would guess it is the circuit board. Since you've already opened it up, look at it. If the board is shorted out it should look and possibly smell shorted out. Water by itself won't kill electrical components. It is what it does with the power that does the damage.

Although it is a bit strange to replace a 6 year old camera with another 6 year old camera. You weren't tempted by something like a 80d (which is reputed to be the first Canon with a modern sensor in many years.) or the 7d mk2 with it's superior weather sealing and autofocus? I'm not saying your 60d is a bad camera just noting that there were better options available.

Solution