Canon EOS Rebel T6 RAW Files not Opening on Photoshop

TheOhBuddy

Honorable
Jan 22, 2014
As the title says, I can't open any RAW files on Photoshop, they're saved in CR2. Photoshop tells me to update the software and I go to their website and download what it tells me but then it still shows that I have the same version. Still fairly new to photography been doing it for around a year but want to start practicing editing!

Any help is appreciated! Thank you.

TheOhBuddy

Honorable
Jan 22, 2014

Photoshop is version 13.0.1 and the Camera Raw plugin is version 7.4.0.137. It tells me the minimum Camera Raw plugin I need is 9.5. However when I try and download it, it says it downloaded but the version is always 7.4

TheOhBuddy

Honorable
Jan 22, 2014

After watching that video that's how I would open them but whenever I click to open it, it says "Photoshop cannot open this file. blah blah make sure you have the latest Camera Raw update installed" I go to install the latest version and it says its all downloaded, however I go look at the Camera Raw plugin and it still says I have version 7.4 and not the one I downloaded.

TheOhBuddy

Honorable
Jan 22, 2014

Well got the version I needed downloaded, however now I have the older version and newer version. After googling it people say you need to remove the older one, but haven't been able to find any videos or info about how to uninstall it