Can't boot from usb

Sep 25, 2018
Hello. I have a Panasonic cf-52 tough book. I had Linux on it temporarly and used DBAN to wipe the hard drive because I wanted to run Windows 7. I used Rufus to create a bootable USB drive. When I set the top boot option to USB hard disk and reboot the PC, all that happens is that a line flashes in the top left corner. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Thank you so much.

Solution
on some laptop there is crs intel security that wont let people boot off usb ports if it on. look under boot option see if it on or off. for windows 7 try the windows iso to usb tool to see if rufus is causing the issue. also make sure you windows 7 iso is the full iso and nut the upgrade version, if that wont work try making a windows 10 boot usb using the newer media creation tool. if the same thing happens then you have to wipe the mbr of the laptop hard drive as there still boot file from the other os on it.
on some laptop there is crs intel security that wont let people boot off usb ports if it on. look under boot option see if it on or off. for windows 7 try the windows iso to usb tool to see if rufus is causing the issue. also make sure you windows 7 iso is the full iso and nut the upgrade version, if that wont work try making a windows 10 boot usb using the newer media creation tool. if the same thing happens then you have to wipe the mbr of the laptop hard drive as there still boot file from the other os on it.

Solution