Can't boot laptop due to blue screen

XwowdudeX

Prominent
Apr 12, 2017
BSOD memory management, can't start windows.

So once I started playing DAI I started having bsods from time to time. There were two different ones, first one was faulty hardware corrupted page, which left no impact on the system, then the last one is MEMORY_ MANAGEMENT. Today when I came home I've had DAI crash a couple of times since it's a really buggy game. Started to check for errors via origin. Got fed up waiting for 6 GB of "fix" to download, closed origin and ran dxdiag, dxdiag was all fine. Then ran memory ram diagnostics. Two tests later all was fine. Started playing battlefront and upon completion of a game the game froze, tried closing it through task manager I had another bsod. The reason is "memory management". Tried to boot laptop but it keeps booting endlessly with the windows 10 booting icon. Any help?
Among all that, I've also had a strange error while playing the game back when I could still boot:
[​IMG]

I've tried changing ram sticks to no avail. Only bios options are available. Otherwise one of the two happens:
- Windows 10 loading icon loading endlessly
-Windows 10 diagnoses my laptop endlessly.

My specs are:
Eurocom shark 3
I5 4210m
GTX 860m
2x4 2133/s Corsairs
One hard drive Hitachi 500gb

There has been an update. Somehow I was able to get to the restore window and now it's easily accessible. However each time I try to boot I get a BSOD "critical process died" (see below). The troubleshoot couldn't detect any problems and system restore to an autosave 5 days prior couldn't be restored. Any tips?

http://m.imgur.com/COrNu2A
http://m.imgur.com/Pg0GKRj

Update 2: Tried to use sfc /scannow given that I have access to cmd through diagnostic page, the command gives me:
B5NMk6Eh.jpg

Tried reseting windows with removal of all files, it got to 3% and undid all the changes due to "problems"

Anyone got any ideas?

okcnaline

Honorable
Herald
Nov 17, 2013
When Windows boots, hold power button to shut it down. Do this 2 times, then on the third, press on F8 repeatedly until you get to the screen where one of the lines is safe boot with networking. Press on the number next to that option.

Then go to C:\Windows\minidump and upload those files somewhere online.

XwowdudeX

Prominent
Apr 12, 2017
Thank you very much! I have found the bad stick. However windows 10 still gets the same critical process died BSOD. Ubuntu works fine (installed). Also, now that I'm running with only 4gb of ram, is it ok if I buy a new 4gb stick from a different brand? Mine is Corsair vengeance ddr3L 1866mb/s 1.35v, if I buy say a hyperX with ddr3L and 1600mb/s (my i5 supports up to 1600 anyway) which is also 1.35v, will my RAM work fine?

XwowdudeX

Prominent
Apr 12, 2017
Addendum: SFC gives me this message(below). It used to tell me that there was some problem before I removed the bad ram stick, but now it different.
http://i.imgur.com/RTcwJf1h.jpg

The only problem I'm still facing is that I can't boot windows 10. The bootable USB allows me to get to advanced boot options which I've already had access and install Windows, however to install a new windows and save data, I'll need the old windows to be running.

XwowdudeX

Prominent
Apr 12, 2017
Yup( Still the CRITICAL PROCESS DIED BSOD each time I try to boot windows 10, even in all safe modes, still same thing. Ubuntu works fine tho, however I'd like to restore access to my windows since it's my main partition and all my data is there(

XwowdudeX

Prominent
Apr 12, 2017
Well, I thought it might be possible to keep my data. However even if that's not the case, I can't install Windows 10 (I made a new 30gb partition for another windows) because when it starts installing I am getting 0x8007025D error.

Paul NZ

Admirable
Just boot from the dvd or flash drive DELETE all partitions in setup.

Then you can create a partition here if you want one. Setup creates what it needs anyway

If youre trying to install windows in windows or update from an installed version of windows

Do the above wipe the lot

XwowdudeX

Prominent
Apr 12, 2017
Thank you everyone very much, I have been able to copy all the important information to the new windows and I deleted the old one. Extremely grateful for your patience, I cannot offer much, but I hope you realize that you just made someone's day happier. Thank you for that.