Can't install Windows 10 to MSI X370 MB, screen freezes at the Windows logo.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cebela

Prominent
May 16, 2017
Had the same problem with X370 XPower Gaming Titanium (bios 7A31v16).

The solution was not to use quick boot menu (F11), but simply go to UEFI Bios and manually set the boot sequence to USB.
Save&Reset and it works. Just remember to set boot priority back to your primary drive when finished.

For me it works like a charm, installed Windows, used Ubuntu LiveUSB, some other versions of Linux for disk tools...

So to me it looks like the only problem is the quick boot menu. MSI fix it, it is quite embarrassing that a simple functionality like this is not working (on a 300$ MB mind you :heink: ), especially when you have in mind that it is at least a 15 year old tool that I have never even heard about not working :)

Hope it works for you too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N Laptop Tech Support 2
L Laptop Tech Support 2
Z Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 3
J Laptop Tech Support 4
H Laptop Tech Support 4
imStorm3r Laptop Tech Support 2
L Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 8
M Laptop Tech Support 1
Y Laptop Tech Support 1
P Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 1
F Laptop Tech Support 29
Y Laptop Tech Support 1
L Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 6
X Laptop Tech Support 2
R Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 6
Similar threads
Question My Windows 8.1 PC shut down while installing updates because of an error. Now I can't go past the booting up screen because of a fatal error that appe
Solved! My asus x540 na GQ-017 keeps hibernating on the screen .I dunno what to do.I've tried to install a new windows 10,but no res
Solved! strange empty blue screen with only cursor in fresh windows installation
Messed up when install new window on a laptop with intel optane
black screen occur when trying to install win 8.1
Help me fix my laptop
Screen stretched after installing Windows and changing resolution doesn't help.
Acer stuck on “installing windows” screen
Blank screen with cursor laptop wont boot or enter safe mode or even install windows
Problem with booting, recoverying and fresh install
How to open my screen of my dell inspirone laptop while error installing windows appear
after installing windows 10, horizontal lines appeared on screen and wont go away.....help
Tried to install windows 7 onto my asus 555l and wouldn't work and now it's stuck on the boot screen everytime i start it up a
UX301LAA BSOD error with windows install
My cursor is not responding, but simply moving on the screen. The laptop is Samsung and Window 7 Installed in it.
Start up repair without user I'd . Can't get into do to stuck screen from installing windows 10
Windows 10 Blue Screens After Install - Updates Freeze - Programs don't install - now same happens for Windows 7
Cannot install Windows 10 Blue Screen
Windows Anniversary update (from the stand alone installer) blue screens at approximately 75% of final installation portion
Can't install Windows 10 with a broken laptop screen.

ASK THE COMMUNITY