Solved! can't locate Graphics card on Acer Aspire v5 573G [SOLVED]

Nov 3, 2018
I bought this Acer Aspire v5 573G, but I can't locate the dedicated NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M.
I don't know what info to give you, so if I am missing important information, please tell me.

Thanks in advance.

Solution
I don't know answer to that, it would depend how much that cost compared to how much you willing to spend to get the GPU working. If its built onto motherboard they may need to replace it.

You might be able to get replacement motherboards online and if you feel you can do it, you could follow that ifixit site and replace board yourself. I can see a few online but they aren't cheap.

Colif

Distinguished
Do you mean you physically can't find it or its not working in windows?

http://www.myfixguide.com/manual/acer-aspire-v5-573g-disassembly/
it must be on the motherboard as they don't mention it in guide

if in windows, have you looked in dxdiag? I can't tell if its dual graphics or not - some notebooks have 2 gpu or rather, they use the intel hd graphics for everything other than games or graphics intensive processes, then they swap to the GPU

Nov 3, 2018

I have looked both in dxdiag and device manager, my computer doesn't seem able to locate the graphics card. In dxdiag it does state that it uses the Intel graphics family.

Colif

Distinguished
in dxdiag, can you click save all information
that opens explorer and lets you save a text file as a report
can you upload that to a file sharing site and show link here.

Pretty sure you should have both

your laptop driver site shows VGA drivers for Intel and Nvidia so its likely as I said, its just used for gaming. You can't set it up as primary card, the DXDIAG report will likely show that.

Have you tried to install Nvidia drivers? If you can get them on, this might help - http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-3455962/nvidia-graphics-card-system.html

Nov 3, 2018
Nothing in device manager, even in hidden mode. I tried installing the Nvidia driver, and it couldn't find it either. Do you think a factory reset could help? Also, I tried to upgrade to Windows 10 some time ago and it couldn't, said something about not having the drivers.

Colif

Distinguished
I think that if its not showing in device manager or dxdiag, and the drivers can't locate it, it might well be not working. I tried to see if there were variants of your laptop that don't have Nvidia cards but all reviews seem to suggest that it should have one. Might need to get Acer to look at it.

Colif

Distinguished
I don't know answer to that, it would depend how much that cost compared to how much you willing to spend to get the GPU working. If its built onto motherboard they may need to replace it.

You might be able to get replacement motherboards online and if you feel you can do it, you could follow that ifixit site and replace board yourself. I can see a few online but they aren't cheap.

Solution