Can't open Chrome

Status
Not open for further replies.

m2marks

Prominent
Nov 3, 2017
I've uninstalled and reinstalled several times, disabled Avast, but still when I try to open Chrome, the shortcut icon shows open browsers when I hover over it in the task bar, yet when I click on any of them they won't open on the screen.

Solution
Hi there, this doesn't sound like it would be related to Avast in any way, unless for some reason Chrome was compromised and it's being blocked. I'd check your virus chest as well as your exclusions and make sure that Chrome isn't being blocked.

However, since you're still seeing the problem with Avast disabled, my feeling is that you're OK on the above :) I'd try uninstalling and reinstalling Chrome as well as making sure Windows is completely up to date as a start. You should also perform a full malware scan on your machine.

Avast-Team

Estimable
Mar 3, 2017
Hi there, this doesn't sound like it would be related to Avast in any way, unless for some reason Chrome was compromised and it's being blocked. I'd check your virus chest as well as your exclusions and make sure that Chrome isn't being blocked.

However, since you're still seeing the problem with Avast disabled, my feeling is that you're OK on the above :) I'd try uninstalling and reinstalling Chrome as well as making sure Windows is completely up to date as a start. You should also perform a full malware scan on your machine.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.