can't put my google account on a HTC phone it asks for the other user Gmail account

Saga Lout

Olde English
If you don't know the previous owner, they might assume you shouldn't have the phone because most folks would clean a phone when they sell it..

Try going into the Play Store and when assked to enter your details, you should see an option to Existing or New. Choose New and that should stick for all future transactions.

If that fails, you need to power the phone down then press the poer and volume up buttons together then choose the Recovery option. That sets the phone back to factory settings.

Saga Lout

Olde English
If you don't know the previous owner, they might assume you shouldn't have the phone because most folks would clean a phone when they sell it..

Try going into the Play Store and when assked to enter your details, you should see an option to Existing or New. Choose New and that should stick for all future transactions.

If that fails, you need to power the phone down then press the poer and volume up buttons together then choose the Recovery option. That sets the phone back to factory settings.

Saga Lout

Olde English
Welcome but this thead is two years old! I had an instance of that last year and never could workaround it. I approached Google and their response was it's a security thing to protect owners' personal data.

My own take is that they want folks to stop using second-hand Android devices. They make more money when people have to buy new ones.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Cell Phone General Discussion 1
N Cell Phone General Discussion 1
J Cell Phone General Discussion 1
S Cell Phone General Discussion 1
T Cell Phone General Discussion 2
D Cell Phone General Discussion 1
D Cell Phone General Discussion 3
S Cell Phone General Discussion 1