Can't set up onkyo tx-nr515

Aug 27, 2018
So I'll try to break this down as easy as possible in the hope that someone can help me fix this.

When originally purchased everything was fine, projector plugged in via main hdmi, unfortunately a power surge rendered main hdmi out useless, resorted to using hdmi out 2 which was fine.

Fast forward a year and had a problem with sound so decided to do a factory reset.

Now obviously you can only do the initial set up with hdmi out 1...which is dead, plugged TV into hdmi out 2 and nothing on the screen, just says see TV

Anyone have any ideas how I can effectively do the initial setup blind? I tried pressing enter multiple times and it does eventually go back to the normal screen on the amp but still nothing from hdmi out 2

Any help would be really appreciated.

Solution
Graphic oriented set up menus can't be seen on the front panel display. Did you try the composite video output.
You might have been able to run setup from the mobile app but the receiver probably won't connect to your network after a factory reset. Your only option may be to contact Onkyo about getting it repaired. Hope it's under warranty.
Graphic oriented set up menus can't be seen on the front panel display. Did you try the composite video output.
You might have been able to run setup from the mobile app but the receiver probably won't connect to your network after a factory reset. Your only option may be to contact Onkyo about getting it repaired. Hope it's under warranty.

Solution