Can't transfer anything from my PC to Nexus 5 or the other way

Asafkur13

Honorable
Dec 11, 2013
Hey everybody,
I got a new Nexus 5 and it's doing great! I don't have any problem with it except the fact my PC doesn't let me update the driver (from a ZIP file by Google) and I can't see anything that has to do with the Nexus through "My Computer" which means I can't transfer anything from/to my Nexus.

Now when I choose MTP so it's an unspecified device and when I choose PTP it's within the devices list as a camera, but still, no access to the resources..

Anyone with the experience that might be able to help?

Thanks ahead!

SU11YBEAR

Honorable
Jan 7, 2014
Have a nexus 5 and set it up for MTP, the only issue i have with it is if I lock the screen then it essentially locks the phone and i can't transfer anything (set my timeout up to 2 minutes so i can do transfers without it locking up)
You should be able to see it in your hardware manager (devices and printers) and be able to update the computer driver to notice the phone and then be able to open it as a storage device and copy stuff over to it.
If that doesn't work you can try and setup a LAN network and use a file explorer to grab the file off a share drive through WiFi (I use es file explorer and have my computer setup as a LAN connection on my home network)

Asafkur13

Honorable
Dec 11, 2013

Anytime I'm trying to update it it says that the pc already has the latest software..
I'll see about the locking issue..

UPDATE:
The problem was that I connected the phone through a USB 3.0 port and connecting it to a 2.0 port solved it. I can finally browse the files!