Cant turn laptop on after water spill

TeddyH

Prominent
Feb 24, 2017
I dont know where to post this so im posting it here, about an halfn hour ago, i spilt some water on my laptop, its actually not my laptop, its my schools thinkpad so I dont want to take it apart, right now it upside down and i have a fan infront of it and it wont turn on, what should I do?

Solution
Well first thing is you should have not tried to turn it on for at least a day or so. More than likely the damage is already done the second you tried to turn it on while it was still wet. Water conducts electricity. As soon as you try to power it, you send power across all the wet parts, and zaaap. Done.

Small chance it may come to life in a day or two if tried, but don't keep trying to turn it on.
Well first thing is you should have not tried to turn it on for at least a day or so. More than likely the damage is already done the second you tried to turn it on while it was still wet. Water conducts electricity. As soon as you try to power it, you send power across all the wet parts, and zaaap. Done.

Small chance it may come to life in a day or two if tried, but don't keep trying to turn it on.

Solution