can't use both ram slots at the same time

Flufflers

Commendable
Jul 4, 2016
So, I have been struggling with this problem for a few days now.

My Laptop gives me a graphical error when booting while I use both of my ram sticks, but when I use each separately it works fine in each ram slot.
I've tried all possible combinations and the slots and sticks seem to work just fine, but when I use them together it doesn't work.
I used memtest and it didn't give me an error on the ram sticks.

This happened after I decided to clean the fan, so I probably damaged something.
I tried doing a stress test on the Integrated Intel HD 4000 and it seems to be damaged.
I would appreciate if someone could explain to me how this could affect the RAM.
When stressing my Laptop and using a lot of RAM it will give me a graphical error, which I am able to temporarly fix by closing the stressing program with alt+f4 and connecting/disconnecting another screen via cable or windows display settings

I realize that it is a hardware problem and I can't really fix it, but temporary fixes are very much appreciated, aswell!

The Laptop is a Lenovo Ideapad Y580.
I've used this Laptop for 3 years now and only switched the HDD to an SSD about a year ago
Specs:
Intel Core i7 3610QM CPU @ 2.30 GHz
Geforce GTX 660m
Integrated Intel HD 4000
2x 4GB 2Rx8 PC3-12800S-11-11-F3 M471B5273DH0-CK0 1229
Windows 10 Home 64 bit

I'm betting this laptop came with the two 4GB sticks of RAM from the factory. Why would they play well in the past, but suddenly decide not to?

Flufflers

Commendable
Jul 4, 2016

Yes, those 4 GB sticks came with the Laptop and worked fine ever since I bought the Laptop in 2013

Interesting. When I googled it, there were as many instances I saw of it coming with 8GB as there were ones claimed to have 6GB, hence my assumption it probably was a version that came with 8GB. :D

Flufflers

Commendable
Jul 4, 2016
Update:
Ok, it might not be crashing because of the amount of ram being used, but because of something else and it could just be a side effect.
I cut down my ram usage a ton and it still crashes when multiple programs are running at once even when I only use about 50-60% of my ram