Solved! Caps lock Key Blinking Two Times Continuously With F12 Key Lit Orange (NO DISPLAY)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 21, 2018
Hello everyone, I have this HP Pavilion g6-2307au laptop with me and when I try to boot it I only get a blinking capslock key that blinks two times continuously and F12 key which is lit orange and there is no display, I've basically tried everything like taking out the CMOS battery waiting for awhile then fitting it back, Cleaning RAM, Swapping RAM, Reflowing Motherboard, Changing RAM slots, Shut down remove battery hold power button then fit battery again and turn on, Changing Hard drive, Cleaned and changed thermal paste on CPU and GPU. I was told it was bad BIOS but I don't know how to get into the BIOS if theres no display, I tried looking for bootable BIOS but I cannot find for my model. HELP PLEASE!

Did you try an external monitor?
Did you try only booting with the charger without the battery pack?

What I found over the net is very frustrating, but most likely your motherboard is just dead. A tested replacement can be bought for about 70$

Did you try an external monitor?
Did you try only booting with the charger without the battery pack?

What I found over the net is very frustrating, but most likely your motherboard is just dead. A tested replacement can be bought for about 70$

Nov 21, 2018

After researching for hours and trying alot of solutions given on the internet, I found nothing that works so my only option is to purchase a new motherboard which I will in a few minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Laptop General Discussion 3
AlvinHere Laptop General Discussion 0
dar_saliq Laptop General Discussion 2
yair8566 Laptop General Discussion 3
Helpthiscat Laptop General Discussion 2
N Laptop General Discussion 2
DeltaPsy Laptop General Discussion 1
T Laptop General Discussion 1
S Laptop General Discussion 1