car charger to laptop

Emrek127

Commendable
Jul 5, 2016
Hello!

I have an ASUS GL553VD Laptop, and i am going on a vacation with my parents, that means that we are going to be on a car for 2 days to reach our destination. Is there anyway of charging my laptop through the cars charger port, near the gear? If yes which kind of adapter or item do i have to use?

Any help is appreciated! Thank you!

Solution
Be aware that cars typically run on low voltage (compared to standard household voltage,) therefore high wattage inverters will end up drawing a much higher amperage, and may not be suitable for the car accessory outlet if it is only rated in the neighborhood of 5 - 10 amps by means of a fuse.

High wattage inverters often have direct battery hookups to bypass the limitations of car cigarette or accessory outlets.

A more efficient device to use would be a universal DC to DC laptop charger, but you will likely run into wattage issues if you are attempting to run the laptop at the peak of it's performance.

bigpinkdragon286

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2012
Be aware that cars typically run on low voltage (compared to standard household voltage,) therefore high wattage inverters will end up drawing a much higher amperage, and may not be suitable for the car accessory outlet if it is only rated in the neighborhood of 5 - 10 amps by means of a fuse.

High wattage inverters often have direct battery hookups to bypass the limitations of car cigarette or accessory outlets.

A more efficient device to use would be a universal DC to DC laptop charger, but you will likely run into wattage issues if you are attempting to run the laptop at the peak of it's performance.

Solution