Solved! Car speaker wiring diagram

Oct 19, 2021
Hi guys, I have a question, I have a new 2 way component set for fronts and 2ch amplifier, how do I connect the rear factory set to the head unit also? I don't want to run through amp, it will be a 4ch upgrade much later, I just need them to function.

Anyone got a general diagram for wiring, I kinda understand, the components run to amp then to head unit, but then how about the rears.

Thanks in advance!

Solution
So Tweeted &woofer >crossover>amp>front L&R head unit input?

Additionally, I got a pair of smaller speakers 2¾in and I was thinking to add them into the rear pillars, how would I wire them? Tap into rear line?

Cheers.

You ideally should have a crossover for those other speakers, but if the rear ones are two way, you are not likely to gain too much there, especially if using mismatches speakers.

As far as location of the amp to the crossover, this should explain things https://www.crutchfield.com/S-yxFvYo81Pqv/learn/crossover-faq-car-audio.html
Oct 19, 2021
You should not need to touch the rear speakers, just connect the front speakers and the amp to the line out on the stereo and leave the rears as is.

Additionally, I got a pair of smaller speakers 2¾in and I was thinking to add them into the rear pillars, how would I wire them? Tap into rear line?

Cheers.

Cheers.

You ideally should have a crossover for those other speakers, but if the rear ones are two way, you are not likely to gain too much there, especially if using mismatches speakers.

As far as location of the amp to the crossover, this should explain things https://www.crutchfield.com/S-yxFvYo81Pqv/learn/crossover-faq-car-audio.html

Reactions: DiscordQuartet
Solution