Case installation/Charging problem for a Dell laptop

RadB13

Commendable
Nov 30, 2016
Hello guys
So i have a Dell Inspiron 15-5547 (i5-4210U and AMD Radeon R7 M260) laptop. Broke my original charger months ago. Bought a new one, but every time i start it up, i would get a message that the wattage was not the same as the laptop required(the charger was incompatible basically), so it did not charge the laptop, however it said ''plugged in, not charging'' on the desktop battery icon so it did not go down as well. So i get rid of that charger and found an original Dell charger in a PC shop. At first it was working fine, then it started doing the same thing.
From time to time it would charge the laptop, like it was completely random or just when i plug the cable in some sort of specific way. But that is gone as well now, so i can only use it as a plug in PC.
I believe when i gave it to a PC shop to repair my case(because one of the screws fell out, then in, damaged the wifi, and it was quarter open) and then basically got a second hand cheap laptop case that had a damaged battery jack(i think that's how the place you plug the adapter to charge the laptop is called, im sorry, not a native english speaker). I say that because that's when all this happened - was charging fine but then stopped. And i got ripped off 150£ for a case change. Plus a USB wifi. But i was in a hurry, needed the laptop to finish my university work - that's that.
When i plug it in it charges for three seconds or so, then stops. (light that indicated charging on the case blinks once when plugged it, then stays lit for a couple of seconds then goes off again).

I was told i would have to replace the case to fix the jack? I am familiar with PCs, but not nearly competent with laptops, so i thought i would ask someone how to do it, or try to find another solution. If i were to go to another shop, they would take the same amount of money and i dont have that. If that's the only solution i'd like someone to walk me through it.

I apologize for the lengthy read, i just wanted to give you all the details so you can consider if replacing the case by myself is the best option or there is something else to be done.
I appreciate your time, hopefully you can help me out. Thanks guys!

====If this is not the right place for this question please let me know. I will copy/paste it wherever it belongs and delete this one.

Solution
Whoever told you that you need to replace the case to replace the jack was so talking garbage. Some people. Glad I never met them.

Here is a video that should help walk you through doing the job yourself. https://youtu.be/TXvij9lJx18

Oh, and also, them saying you had to get an external USB WiFi was them not doing any work. Had they done a replacement, they would have replaced the internal part. Anyone can buy an external USB and just plug it in to use. I would never use that place again if it were me, and give them really bad reviews.
Whoever told you that you need to replace the case to replace the jack was so talking garbage. Some people. Glad I never met them.

Here is a video that should help walk you through doing the job yourself. https://youtu.be/TXvij9lJx18

Oh, and also, them saying you had to get an external USB WiFi was them not doing any work. Had they done a replacement, they would have replaced the internal part. Anyone can buy an external USB and just plug it in to use. I would never use that place again if it were me, and give them really bad reviews.

Solution