Catalyst Control Center won't open

Laitnis

Honorable
Apr 8, 2013
I installed the latest Beta Driver 13.11v8,after that i can't open the CCC,i clicked it many times and it doesn't appear (Only appear in the background process). What should i do ? -Sorry for my bad english

It's not a good idea to install beta software or beta drivers on a computer you rely on every day. You should only install finished drivers, and don't update a driver at all if the existing one is working okay.

Uninstall the existing Catalyst Control Centre, then download and install the complete Catalyst Driver Package from your PC or laptop maker's website.

If it's a custom-made or home-built PC, download Catalyst Driver Package from the motherboard maker's website.

Laitnis

Honorable
Apr 8, 2013

I know beta drivers is an unfinished drivers but before i downloaded the 13.11 v8 version of the AMD drivers i also downloaded The 13.11 v1 Beta and it worked perfectly until i installed the v8 version. Lemme tell you about AMD catalyst beta drivers,it has performance improvements on some games,so i think most of the gamers using the beta version instead of the finished version and i tried uninstall all the amd drivers and intall it again,doesn't work. Btw my PC is a custom made,made it myself.

Truikos

Honorable
Nov 27, 2013
Hi

I had the same problem but I resolved it by following the advice of someone else on this forum. What you should do is uninstall the update KB2670838 from Windows Update (Start -> Search for "Installed Updates" and look for it, then uninstall)

Reboot and voilla! Catalyst opens again, and Aero starts working properly (it didn't for me)