Catalyst Control Center

ryanperks

Honorable
Jan 3, 2013
I have been looking at every setting in CCC and I do not see any option to force enable VSync in games. In Cube World, newer game, it tries to use 100% of my graphics card ability (Radeon HD 7800). Ideally, I would want to add triple buffering and enable VSync. I want to do this because I have seen suggestions to do this, but I cannot find either option in my card's settings?

Catalyst Control Center Version - 12.10

Solution
what i would do is download driver fusion and install it.
download the latest 13.6 beta driver.
download radeonpro (catalyst control centre replacement)

uninstall current driver and do not restart when prompted.
run driver fusion and clean amd drivers then restart when prompted.
install latest driver as custom install and only install display driver and hdmi audio driver, untick everything else unless it is required and restart if needed.

install radeon pro, you can use radeon pro to force vsync etc, i also would no use triple buffering as it adds a lot of input latency.

you can setup individual profiles for each game in radeon pro.

radeon pro has an option called dynamic frame control which can set a max fps, set this to 1 fps...

mauller07

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2010
what i would do is download driver fusion and install it.
download the latest 13.6 beta driver.
download radeonpro (catalyst control centre replacement)

uninstall current driver and do not restart when prompted.
run driver fusion and clean amd drivers then restart when prompted.
install latest driver as custom install and only install display driver and hdmi audio driver, untick everything else unless it is required and restart if needed.

install radeon pro, you can use radeon pro to force vsync etc, i also would no use triple buffering as it adds a lot of input latency.

you can setup individual profiles for each game in radeon pro.

radeon pro has an option called dynamic frame control which can set a max fps, set this to 1 fps bellow your refresh rate so 59fps for 60hz monitor and enable vsync, this gives the benefits of vsync without the input latency.

another thing i do is to change the flip queue to 1 as this can reduce input latency aswell, when i done this for metro 2033 on my 7870 it was like playing a completely different game.

Solution

ryanperks

Honorable
Jan 3, 2013

13.6 is the latest beta version of CCC?

mauller07

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2010
13.6 beta 2 is the latest amd display driver with the latest catalyst control centre but you do not want to install it and just the display driver and hdmi driver as catalyst control centre does not do what you want it to do.

you have to use radeon pro as a replacement to catalyst control centre to force vsync and a load of other options.

make sure you do a custom install and only install the display driver and hdmi audio driver, untick everything else even catalyst control centre.

ryanperks

Honorable
Jan 3, 2013

Last question, in RadeonPro, all of the settings and tweaks available are locked. I can't access any of them. Did I forget to do something?