Catched huge "virus" need help

XGamer_BiH

Commendable
Apr 20, 2016
Hello everyone,

I downloaded something I shouldn't from thepiratebay, and since then, during the installation of a software (fake probally) I was asked by AVG about somekind of request (about 25 times...) and I allowed it (thought it was a part of the installation), since then:
Chrome problems (can't get rid of a start site called "yeabest" and "9o0gle", tried to disable it, didn't work, only thing that helped was to edit the target option in the Chrome shortcut options, after chrome.exe it had a lot stuff after)
Start up programs (After the start up some programs giving some kind of news, and some job things... I can't find anything with that name to delete in CCleaner....)
I read on the internet that those two sites are called "hijackers" which are caused by a fake installation (my bad...) I tried to fix it, but not succesful

I ran an AV scan, it deleted some viruses, but none fixed my problem. So what's the matter here, I have no clue... Please help me :-(

Solution
So you downloaded a software that you knew was pirated from a torrent site, then you were warned a couple dozen times by your Antivirus, and you installed the software anyway. I hope you learned your lesson in stupidity.

Download and run malwarebytes.

If that does not fix your problem then you will just need to reinstall windows.
So you downloaded a software that you knew was pirated from a torrent site, then you were warned a couple dozen times by your Antivirus, and you installed the software anyway. I hope you learned your lesson in stupidity.

Download and run malwarebytes.

If that does not fix your problem then you will just need to reinstall windows.

Solution

Rookie_MIB

Honorable
Jul 27, 2013
Well, sometimes it will install some programs in addition to the stuff you installed off TPB: I would check the following:

1) go to your 'control panel', 'programs and features', it can uninstall programs. Sort it by date so you can see what was installed most recently. Uninstall anything you don't recognize that was installed on the date you put in the other software.

2) go to 'start' and type in 'msconfig', click the 'startup' tab, and see what is starting up. Disable anything you don't recognize. Go to the 'services' tab. Click the button to 'hide microsoft services', and see what services are running, again, anything sketchy looking - disable it.

After doing that - reboot. See how things are going and report back.

shmu26

Estimable
Feb 18, 2014
it is just adware, could have been worse.
forget about herdprotect, it is good for detection, not for removal.
if malwarebytes doesn't remove it, try the stronger tools:
1 adwcleaner
2 junkware removal tool

XGamer_BiH

Commendable
Apr 20, 2016

Thanks I'll try it! Well yes, a nice lesson xD I was new in AVG and thought it's just harmless info, well my bad...

XGamer_BiH

Commendable
Apr 20, 2016

Forgot to mention, I checked startup programs, nothing in that kinds, just avg, realtek, nvidia... So there was a program called "ContentPush" - uninstalled it in control panel + ccleaner, and it still shows up in program files, deleted it, reboot, again there... Nothing suspecious running in services, just the usual. Thanks for your answer

XGamer_BiH

Commendable
Apr 20, 2016

Adware, harmless? I'll try them, thanks ;)