TedP_01

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2010
I have 200's CD changer in my home theater system. However this machine malfunction frequently , dropping disk inside box , causing their damage.
I'm looking for a device , with ability to play music from disks and also store them to internal hard drive .
This will allow me to store my entire CD collection in one spot , and get instant access to play them without physically re positing.
Is this kind of machine available on the market? If it is , what I should look for?

G

You already have a CD player which has a hard drive -- it's your computer. If you have a gigantic drive you could store the CD tracks as WAV files for quality -- but, if not, MP3s can be created and read by Windows Media Player.

TedP_01

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2010
Thank You both for replay.
Using computer is one of the option what I consider. But I'm wonder if there is some stand alone unit which I can add to home theater setup.
My computer and home theater setup are located in the different rooms on different floors , and will be not so convenient run to other room
just to change disk or song or file. My audio equipment is not suitable to accommodate wireless connection and laying wires create some difficulties.