cda to mp3

G

For the life of me, I can't figure out how to get rid of the cda file extension that windows, comes up with in windowsMe for audio files.

I expected to see a .wav extension...but instead I've got this .cda, which is unread by almost everything which means I can't rip. What's my solution...I couldn't find anything anywhere.... Thanks in advance, Jeff

G

Hi Face,

To be honest, I don't know anything at all about Me (I've never even seen the interface), but if it works the same as Win98, it's no tough problem to go from Redbook (CD Audio) to MP3.

Probably the easiest way is to purchase a copy of MusicMatch Jukebox and convert directly from the original Redbook source. A somewhat more difficult (and time consuming) method is to use Creative Wave Studio (which comes with any Creative soundcard) or Windows Sound Recorder to record a .WAV file while playing the CD in your CD-ROM drive. This .WAV file can then be compressed to .MP3 using a number of different utilities (including MusicMatch Jukebox).

Hope this helps.

-sean

<A HREF="http://bible.gospelcom.net/cgi-bin/bible?passage=PS+17:7-9" target="_new"> PS 17 </A>

FatBurger

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2001
You can't just copy the files off the CD. It's audio, not computer data. (That's maybe a quick, simple explanation).

As far as what program to use, I recommend Xing's AutioCatalyst. You can buy it online, or download it from Morpheus (Shhh, I won't tell!)

<font color=green>In memory of all the Americans that died 9/11/01
Rest in peace</font color=green>

lhgpoobaa

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
i use easy cdda extractor... fast and it has a great built in mp3 creator. LAME.

Religious wars are 2 groups of people fighting over who has the best imaginary friend.