CDMA iPhone 4 for Verizon to Launch Next Month

Status
Not open for further replies.

djtronika

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2009
i'm waiting for iphone 5 without case limitations thank you very much. (very happy iphone 4 user but really, i wouldn't buy it AGAIN just for another carrier)

Tedders

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
[citation][nom]ansar[/nom]Hmm, wonder what happened to AT&T's exclusive rights? Didn't they renew it recently?[/citation]
I think there was a lot of talk about it and rumors but nothing was ever officially released.

kingssman

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2006
When the Iphone came out, I would be the first in line to pick it up, unfortunately it was on the AT&T network which i wasn't fond of compared to the great quality i get with my verizon. Dissapointed, i waited..
Then android came out. I was skeptical at first, but I craved a smartphone (other than blackberry). So i got my HTC Incredible. After using the android for a year, and loving. I don't think i'll be dropping it for an iphone.

After the android, the iphone's "magic" appeal, just seems to be less and less. Mostly because of its widget UI, google integration (facebook/twitter) that makes the iphone look like your staring at the apps menu all day.

Sorry apple, too late. Maybe for those who haven't picked up an android yet.

G

Just out of curiosity, for the person who wants 1080 video on their iphone. will you really notice the difference of 1080 and 720 on such a small screen?

pharge

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
[citation][nom]djtronika[/nom]i'm waiting for iphone 5 without case limitations thank you very much. (very happy iphone 4 user but really, i wouldn't buy it AGAIN just for another carrier)[/citation]

According to Gizmodo, the test unit they (or the website they are working with) had did not appear to have the death grip problem.

Just like they siad, it is just one unit in one location. We will only for sure that have Apple solved the death grip problem on the new V iphone or not. But anyway, this is a good sign that they have found a way to fix it.

Ragnar-Kon

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
[citation][nom]JrrFoto[/nom]Just out of curiosity, for the person who wants 1080 video on their iphone. will you really notice the difference of 1080 and 720 on such a small screen?[/citation]
I was thinking the exact same thing. I can barely notice a difference between 720 on 1080 on my 26" TV screen.

I wonder if this means that T-Mobile will contract with Apple to get the GSM version, and if Sprint tries to grab the CDMA version. I would imagine that the T-Mobile contract would happen fairly easily, since T-Mobile is an iPhone carrier in Europe.

pharge

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
[citation][nom]eddieroolz[/nom]So people on Verizon will be more than half a cycle late on their iPhones. Ouch.[/citation]

Actually they are already 4 cycles late...;) lol

I hope the timing between the AT&T and Verizon will match when the iPhone 5 or iPhone 4G is out later this year.

No matter I like the iPhone or not... a little more competition in the mobile market is always a good thing to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.