Celeron N2840 vs i3 3271U?

ail1888

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013
Hi guys, I'm familiar with desktop hardware, however I'm trying to buy a laptop for my younger sister, and I'm having difficulties understanding the differences between the laptop hardware.

She's looking to play WoW/LoL at minimum settings and that's about it really, so which of the above CPUs (and their integrated graphic cards) would be the best option? I understand the i3 3271U is faster than the Celeron N2840 (both CPU/GPU), but there is a £40 difference between the two laptops. Is the performance difference only marginal, or is it worth the price jump?

Thanks a lot in advance

Solution
Yes, it is worth the price jump. The Celeron is really for people who just does some light web surfing, document editing and watching movies. For anything more like even light gaming, you should get the i3. The performance jump is very significant.

Rit_86

Honorable
Jul 3, 2012
Yes, it is worth the price jump. The Celeron is really for people who just does some light web surfing, document editing and watching movies. For anything more like even light gaming, you should get the i3. The performance jump is very significant.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS