Certain videos on the internet will load very slowly or not at all

gosox119

Estimable
May 20, 2014
I recently ran into a problem with my computer where certain videos on the internet will take forever to load. I'm not talking about a problem with my internet. YouTube videos are completely fine but for example on the website Twitch TV I can view live streams just fine but when I try to load a past broadcast that a live streamer did it gets stuck at the "loading video" phase when you first try to view a past broadcast and then after about 5 minutes it will say the file can't be found. There are other videos on sites that I'm also having this problem with but will eventually load after like 5 minutes of waiting.

I know this is an issue with my computer and not the sites because I tried it on my laptop and all the videos load fine. I tried a different internet browser and the same thing happens. I know I don't have any viruses on my computer either. I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling Adobe Flash but it still happens with certain videos.

Does anyone know why this is happening?

Edit: One thing I forgot to mention is when I first start up my computer and try to load one of the videos that this problem is happening to, the video works fine but then if I try another one the same problem occurs.

calmstateofmind

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2009
Can you tell us which browser(s) you're using? And have you tried clearing the browser cache? It's possible that there's a conflict with your DNS resolution; I'd clear that as well (DNS cache). I doubt it has something to do with the script on the site, which is why reinstalling abode was ineffective. However, when the site begins loading the video, look at the bottom left of the browser - does it say anything like "page loaded but with errors", or "resolving host"? Anything?

Also, what OS are you using?

gosox119

Estimable
May 20, 2014

I'm using Firefox, but have also tried using Chrome and the problem still happens. I cleared both those caches and the problem is still occurring. There isn't anything out of the ordinary appearing in the bottom left when the page loads. I'm using Windows 7 64 bit.