Chaging 40Wh 2630mAh battery to 65Wh 5700mAh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legion501

Estimable
Jul 27, 2014
Hello all

I'm replacing the battery of a Dell Latitude 3440. The original one is 40Wh 2630mAh 14.6v and the new one is 65Wh and 5700mAh 11.1v, it could be a problem if the new battery is not exactly the same as the old one? I don't know much about this things of Wh and mAh so any help would be good. Thanks for reading

Solution
The new battery should be the same as the old one. Otherwise you will get issues. You could either not have enough power to start and/or run the device, or you could have to much power and do damage.

Also, do yourself a huge favor and don't bother with an aftermarket battery. Which aftermarket stuff is great for many things, laptop batteries and charger cords are not in that list. It usually leads to way more headaches than is needed. So stick with OEM.
The new battery should be the same as the old one. Otherwise you will get issues. You could either not have enough power to start and/or run the device, or you could have to much power and do damage.

Also, do yourself a huge favor and don't bother with an aftermarket battery. Which aftermarket stuff is great for many things, laptop batteries and charger cords are not in that list. It usually leads to way more headaches than is needed. So stick with OEM.

Solution

Legion501

Estimable
Jul 27, 2014

Thanks for your reply, but after some research with Dell it looks that the new battery, even when is not the same as the original, it's a replacement designed and that works for that model in specific. It's weird since it's not the same but the new one that I'm asking if an original replacement designed and produced by Dell. Anyway, thanks for your help, I'll pick your answer as the solution since no one else commented here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS