Challenge - Student laptop - details inside.

I'm going off to uni in 5 months time (hopefully external graphics cards will be sorted by then) but all the same here goes.
the challenge is to find a laptop that falls within £1000 (when posting american links bare in mind that the shipping and VAT costs normally mean around $1100 is the limit) with the following specs:
14"+
1920x1080 or better screen.
8GB ram or more
gt 760M or better
I7 4700/4702MQ processor or better
500GB hard drive - any disk speed; an SSD gives bonus points
Backlit keyboard is not necessary but is preferred if you can.
As light as one can find.
My results were the y510p & the MSI GE60/70 2OE.
are there any other takers?
Good luck

Dblkk

Honorable
Oct 30, 2013
For sub $1300, those two are really the only options that come to my mind. The Lenovo would be the better, plus can get on sale for under $1,000, If you want gaming out of it, make sure you get the sli gpu option. But all three are rated bad for battery, so if its not for gaming, try and find something with better battery. Maybe a Samsung ativ book 6, while its on sale for $900 from Microsoft. Otherwise your going to have to up budget by a couple hundred and then once that $1300 minimum comes it really opens up laptop option.

Sadly it doesn't work like that for me; although theoretically I've got a budget of £1000 - that's extreme limits - I would rather prefer around the £900 mark. Furthermore I really can't buy from any US vendor unless It's ridiculously cheap; it's not just to do with currency; there's VAT and import costs that force it down - otherwise i'd be buying the 755M sli version of lenovo without too much problem; in the UK they go for around £1000.

Ideally if the market goes my way - I think I could reformat the specs such that a dedicated GPU IS NOT NEEDED / a far weaker one would be accepted (gt 740/650/750) with the remainder the same - something that could possibly relate to an ultra book.