Solved! Changed boot order in bios now my computer won't boot up from my SSD

Status
Not open for further replies.

bizzono

Prominent
Aug 8, 2017
Was formatting my friends Hard drive on my computer. So I switched the boot order. To the hard drive to see if I could boot up from it with just the windows file on it. That was unsuccesful so I changed the boot order back to boot from my SSD. I got the error that there were no bootable devices please insert windows installation disk. Then select language. Please help with this issue.

Solution
My guess when you install the OS to the SSD, you also have that internal 1TB HDD attach, and windows install the boot partition to the HDD.
Either change the boot seq to the 1TB or unplug all other HDD, and leave just the SSD and use a windows cd to repair. *** backup first ***

bizzono

Prominent
Aug 8, 2017

I have 1 External Seagate 2 TB HDD and then I have 1 TB internal HDD and 1 250Gb samsung SSD with my operating system on it.

This is for my Desktop not a Laptop btw

rgd1101

Don't
My guess when you install the OS to the SSD, you also have that internal 1TB HDD attach, and windows install the boot partition to the HDD.
Either change the boot seq to the 1TB or unplug all other HDD, and leave just the SSD and use a windows cd to repair. *** backup first ***

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.