biozalp

Estimable
Dec 5, 2015
Hello guys,
I have been using my Samsung Laptop for 3 years and it performs really well for my usage. However one of the cpu/gpu cooler fans are not working causing thermal throttling. That's why I'm using it with the back cover off while there is a powerful notebook fan below it. Recently i came up with a idea which makes the space occupied by the laptop smaller and make my desk a lot cleaner. My school let's us use 3D printer without any fee and i wanted to construct a chassis perfect for the motherboard and put an fan above it making kind a "small pc" for my desk setup. However there seems no way to get in to the BIOS menu at the external monitor. I found some tft colored screens with small resolutions for $5. Is there any way to put them outside of the 3D printed case just for the BIOS stuff or reinstalling os?

PS: If you would show me how to enter into BIOS at external screen, it can work flawlessly as well.

biozalp

Estimable
Dec 5, 2015

wut? lol. I'm trying to get in BIOS of the LAPTOP not the external screen. Read the question again. It's like looking at John Lennon's speech and taking "we're above jesus" out of it excluding all the other things said.