Channel Your Screen: Camtasia For Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.

AARRGGHHH

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2007
What program is that in Picture 4? It looks kind of like Bryce, but it's not. I thought I knew of every 3D program that exists.

manjyomethunder

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2009
[citation]For example, if you’re demonstrating how to use a new piece of software, you may want to record a series of mouse movements and control adjustments while adding audio narration. The Mac OS offers no built-in capability to create this type of recording
,[/citation]

... QuickTime X anyone?

kikireeki

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2009
Camtasia still one of the best screen capture apps on PC. So Mac users should be grateful to import one of our many luxuries they lack.

TCeleste

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
The comments about Quicktime X are correct, basic video screen capture is available in Quicktime X, and the article should have mentioned this. I apologize for any confusion.

The only way to get Quicktime X is to upgrade to the new Snow Leopard OS. Like most Mac users, I have not installed Snow Leopard yet. Bad upgrade experiences have taught me to wait for the first service pack / maintenance release to be issued.

In regard to Picture 4, Nukemaster is correct, Artmatic Voyager is the 3D animation program seen in the image. It does have similarities to Bryce, and was developed by one of the Bryce programmers.

There's a different paradigm at play with Voyager. Unlike Bryce, where you develop scenes, Voyager is used to develop entire planets. It's powerful software, enjoyable to use, and renders beautiful 3D landscape animation quite fast on dual and quad core Macs.

G

Was surprised to see no mention of Screenflow in the "competition" section. It's a great app.

Status
Not open for further replies.