Solved! charger pin overheating

Mar 8, 2019
I have msi ge62vr 7rf apache pro. I didn't have any problem during charging in normal use but when i launched a game (metro exodus) charger pin started overheating and a burnt smell came from the port (Also i noticed a very small deformation ie.. melted plastic at the tip of the round port). so i just went to MSI service and discussed this problem with the service guy who serviced my laptop a week ago (i showed him the burnt portion and the smell is still emitting from the port). He said that he didn't found any problem in the notebook but he could not check the charger since their voltage checking instrument got repaired so he told me to come again if the problem persists (still i have the problem). i am afraid that my warranty period is going to end in few days, if this happens again and become an severe issue what can i do.

Solution
You need to contact them again. If the service person doesn't do anything, ask for their manager/supervisor. Should they not help either, then contact corporate.

You need to get it repaired before the warranty ends, which would leave you paying for the repair/replacement.

And I have to say, the person you spoke to can't be very tech if they couldn't tell their was a problem by smell and melting.

Don't let them push you around or talk you out of it. It is just a tactic to get out of doing the work and get you past the warranty expiration so it costs you.
You need to contact them again. If the service person doesn't do anything, ask for their manager/supervisor. Should they not help either, then contact corporate.

You need to get it repaired before the warranty ends, which would leave you paying for the repair/replacement.

And I have to say, the person you spoke to can't be very tech if they couldn't tell their was a problem by smell and melting.

Don't let them push you around or talk you out of it. It is just a tactic to get out of doing the work and get you past the warranty expiration so it costs you.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS