Charger Plugged in and Not Charging.

markyounan4

Estimable
Aug 25, 2015
Hi,

First off I have a Lenovo Yoga 3 Windows 8.1 64Bit and I'm also on Windows 10 .

My laptop is stuck at 0% and when plugged in with the charger I'm still capable of using it. However when unplugged it immediately shuts off.

One Key Optimiser (pre-installed lenovo tool) told me to calibrate the battery. I tried to do that.. it says it was a success but it really wasn't. All the status checks were good except the percentage was still at 0%.

I don't know what to do other than going back to windows 8.1 or get a new a battery pack. But other solutions would be appreciated. Also laptop is fairly new (just about over a half year old) but used when I purchased it.

Solution
It's either the battery pack or the circuit between the battery and charger. If the circuit is the problem, the motherboard will need to be replaced. Your first resort should be to replace the battery, and if the new one doesn't receive a charge, then it's the board that needs reworked or replaced.

It's very unlikely this is an issue related to which OS you use.
It's either the battery pack or the circuit between the battery and charger. If the circuit is the problem, the motherboard will need to be replaced. Your first resort should be to replace the battery, and if the new one doesn't receive a charge, then it's the board that needs reworked or replaced.

It's very unlikely this is an issue related to which OS you use.

Solution