Solved! Charger Port Reaching Extreme Temperature

kyle_7.7

Prominent
Dec 23, 2017
Hello everyone

i have had this laptop for the past two years now and I've never had a problem till just recently. I've noticed that only the charger port area of my laptop has been getting hotter and that the rest of my laptop remained regular temperature. One day i smelt plastic burning and seen that the side of my laptop where the charger port is started to melt a little and the tip of my charger had some burn marks on it. I figured that it was my charger that was the issue so i ordered an new one, it came in yesterday and surly enough that was not the issue. I reset my computer, updated BIOS and made sure all my drivers were up to date, i also cleaned out the inside of my laptop to make sure there was no dust and still no difference.

At this point i no longer know what i should do, so if someone could help me that would be great.

EDIT: So this is only an issue when i plug in my charger, it also gets worse when i start up any type of game.

The only thing i can think of it being is the DC jack. but I'm not certain

PC SPECS

MSI GE72 Apache Pro

Windows 10 64bit
Intel Core i7 2.7Ghz
RAM 12gb
Nvidia GTX 960

Solution
on all laptops there a power pin and a power board. some the power board is a small board on the system board becuase of the power pins breaking soilder joins and shorting out. if yours is poart of the system board. check to see if your laptop is under warranty or there any recalls on the same issue or lawsuits. if not find a known good laptop repair depot that can replace the damaged port. if your lucky nothing else is fried.
on all laptops there a power pin and a power board. some the power board is a small board on the system board becuase of the power pins breaking soilder joins and shorting out. if yours is poart of the system board. check to see if your laptop is under warranty or there any recalls on the same issue or lawsuits. if not find a known good laptop repair depot that can replace the damaged port. if your lucky nothing else is fried.

Solution