Charging your phone's battery in other person's computer usb/ public wall socket / charging stations

Summerday13

Commendable
May 6, 2016
In the same way I can plug my phone into the computer's usb port to charge the power I can also transfer files, or I can plug it in a wall socket but if it has a chip or something it can be uploading virus to my phone, right?

What can a person do to charge a phone's battery in an unknown computer / wall socket without risking downloading a virus or having information from the phone being read without us being aware?

I've heard of stop stopsync, does it work?
also is there any other things we can do or other devices like that?

Solution
The USB plug on the charger only has the USB power pins because the data pins are useless to it. The cable itself has them because you can use it for file transfer too, but the charger doesn't because there is no commercially available technology that allows USB data transfer through conventional power plugs.

In short, there is no physical connection between the USB cable's data pins and the wall plug.

Mr Kagouris

Estimable
Sep 7, 2015
A) You can't "upload a virus" via wall socket because it only connects to the phone's power pins. The only thing someone could do with a wall socket is rig it to damage anything plugged into it.

B) You'll notice that when you plug your phone into a computer, it asks you to enable file transfer. Without manually enabling this, there can be no transfer of data between the two devices.

Summerday13

Commendable
May 6, 2016

Sorry, there's something I don't understand. My charger has a detachable usb cable and I can use that usb cable to transfer files.
I plug the cable in the charger to charge my phone on a wall socket.

Does that mean that although "information" can pass through the usb cable, none of it reaches the cable because the charger only makes connection to the usb cable's power pins?

Mr Kagouris

Estimable
Sep 7, 2015
The USB plug on the charger only has the USB power pins because the data pins are useless to it. The cable itself has them because you can use it for file transfer too, but the charger doesn't because there is no commercially available technology that allows USB data transfer through conventional power plugs.

In short, there is no physical connection between the USB cable's data pins and the wall plug.

Solution