Cheap amplifier to connect 5.1 bare wire speakers to PC

Tadej981

Honorable
Sep 4, 2013
I have 5.1 8Ω speakers for TV, that I want to connect to my PC. I know, that I cannot connect those directly to PC, because sound card has much smaller power output. I am looking for cheap amp to connect speakers to PC. It needs to be cheaper than 80 USD or it would be better for me to buy speakers for PC. I could make such amp at home, but I need instructions.

batuchka

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Perhaps elaborate exactly what u have on hand i.e brand/make of speakers and if u have on hand a passive/active subwoofer? With such a small budget in your shoes i would start fishing on sites like craigslist and you'd likely land an older but still good sounding coax/optical receiver (dun think $80 gets ya a HDMI receiver but there is a chance)

If you have some experience building electronics it isn't hard to build your own. You may not save much money though.

As usual, good advice from Batuchka, It will be cheaper to find a used AVR from a used stereo store, thrift store or Craigslist.

This site is fantastic for audio information and has people that build their own stuff.
http://www.diyaudio.com/

Happy building, the Prisoner...