Cheap/old laptop/tablet with best build quality?

Sam_245

Prominent
May 2, 2017
Hi guys, I'm after a laptop I can use just for streaming from my huge work computer. I'd like to stream all my graphics work, as well as steam.

I should be ok with a dual core CPU and 4gb of ram, but anything better is a plus. A larger screen would be great as the work pc is 1440p. I'd even be interested in a windows tablet if it had usb/ethernet ports, and came recommended. I'm quite happy to use wireless interfaces.

I'm looking at used and older items, as I have a low budget. But I want something that will have held up over the years, no flimsy keys etc. I know MacBooks are famed for build quality compared to an Acer for example.

My main goal is to stream remotely on the cheapest viable sturdy mobile device. Large resolution is a plus. extra performance and ability to work locally is a plus

Solution
When you say you want to stream from your work computer, are you talking about a remote connection or just using the laptop to run a stream output from the desktop using a capture card? People have been mixing up "streaming" and "remote connection" since streaming live became a thing. If you are looking for a 1440 resolution laptop, it won't be cheap. You are really limited to 1080 screens if you want something pretty affordable. There may be some 1440 resolution laptops out but they are all new and high end.

For a remote connection, really any full HD laptop will do since the speed does not matter much, you will have lag anyway through the remote connection and the processing will be done on the desktop. You don't really want a...
When you say you want to stream from your work computer, are you talking about a remote connection or just using the laptop to run a stream output from the desktop using a capture card? People have been mixing up "streaming" and "remote connection" since streaming live became a thing. If you are looking for a 1440 resolution laptop, it won't be cheap. You are really limited to 1080 screens if you want something pretty affordable. There may be some 1440 resolution laptops out but they are all new and high end.

For a remote connection, really any full HD laptop will do since the speed does not matter much, you will have lag anyway through the remote connection and the processing will be done on the desktop. You don't really want a tablet for a remote connection since you are looking for a "larger screen".

Solution