Cheapest Android 4.0 phone on the market?

Yet-E

Estimable
Jun 10, 2014
Looking for the cheapest android 4.0 phone that can comfortably run basic apps ie whats app etc. Have explored a view models but no definitive answer :ouch:

Solution
I paid $175 for my LG Mach on Boost Mobile. It uses ICS 4.0.4, has a slider keyboard, 1 GB RAM, 8 GB internal storage (5 GB user accessible), 1.2 GHz dual-core CPU, Adreno 225 GPU, a pocket under the (removable) battery cover for a micro SD card up to 32 GB, a 4-inch Gorilla Glass screen, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, NFC, Android Beam and a few basic apps to get you started, including Polaris Office. Swap out Polaris for Kingsoft and you'll have a great laptop substitute.

shahbaz200

Honorable
Apr 20, 2012
If you say "Cheapest" phone. Then you can buy local phones or chinese one. They are chipest with good specs. But there life time or quality I cant say. Some are good but some are very bad with frequent lag. You can get them for about 50$.
Otherwise some cheap samsung galaxy series phones. Actually all cheap android 4 phones will be able to run basic apps as you asked. Any will work because there aren't heavy. You should chose a phone with 512MB RAM or greater. Its important if you run multiple apps. Like FB, Twitter, Whatsapp, Mail. All these apps run in background so you need RAM in that case.

MsJazz

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2014
I paid $175 for my LG Mach on Boost Mobile. It uses ICS 4.0.4, has a slider keyboard, 1 GB RAM, 8 GB internal storage (5 GB user accessible), 1.2 GHz dual-core CPU, Adreno 225 GPU, a pocket under the (removable) battery cover for a micro SD card up to 32 GB, a 4-inch Gorilla Glass screen, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, NFC, Android Beam and a few basic apps to get you started, including Polaris Office. Swap out Polaris for Kingsoft and you'll have a great laptop substitute.

Solution