CHEAPEST LAPTOP TO RUN LOL smoothly plz

Adnane

Estimable
Nov 23, 2015
Hello everyone
I'm looking for a cheap laptop that can run League of legendes smoothly, over 60 or even 120 FPS keep in mind that i'll play on the laptop's screen and sometimes on my monitor which has a resolution of 1920*1080 60hz

I found one and it has i5 4200u 4gb GT 740m 2gb is it enough? If not plz suggest a better one

I believe you should be able to get at least 100 FPS with max settings. However, the is really not going to make much of a difference if the laptop's screen only operates at 60Hz. The Hz limits how many FPS the screen can display. So 60Hz means a limit of 60 FPS. If the 740m can actually push 120 FPS, then only half of it will be displayed on the screen.

Adnane

Estimable
Nov 23, 2015
Thank you so much for the help

But after reading your answer I,m thinking now that aiming to get over60 fps s a waste since i won't notice any difference? Will the game run smoother on 100fps? Or is it just like 60fps?

No, you will not notice a difference. A GPU that is capable of pushing 80 FPS will still look like 60 FPS on a 60Hz laptop screen / monitor / HDTV.

However, keep in mind that FPS is not constant in games. It can fluctuate depending on what is actually going on. A GPU may be able to give an average of 70 FPS, but that could mean in certain parts of the game performance could dip to 45 FPS and at other times peak at 90 FPS. You will not notice the peaks because the screen will limit it to 60 FPS, but you will see the 45 FPS dip. This happens in all games. A drop of 60 FPS to 45 FPS will not look / feel as bad in LoL compared to a first person shooter.