China Blocks Google Drive

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

shqtth :
The world neds to block China. And also the Wolrd needs to stop getting crap made there and start producing our stuff. If you think about it, things are not equal. Chine thinks it can make money from all of us, but when it comes time to try to compete in china market not a chance. Its so one sided. China hordes all the money it makes. One day they will control everything due to Corporations greed.

good. you first. threw your pc, tv, kitchen appliances, network router, cable, sheetrock that build your house. wood floor,. I just couldn't do that. every 9 out of 10 stuff in my house is made in china. even things I bought from Europe that is made in china too. you are rigth about that we should start producing our own stuff in our country now. otherwise you cant boycott china or you will have to living like a cave man.

ctmk

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2008
[citation][nom]ikyung[/nom]You obviously have no idea in the difference of communist government between China, Russia, and North Korea. Unlike Russia and North Korea, China is currently undergoing the largest and fastest middle-income growth rate the world has ever seen. When you see a third world country turning into a first world, it is a potential goldmine. China is protecting themselves from outside investors. For example, imagine if Google wasn't blocked by their firewall. Look at Baidu's stock portfolio. It is ridiculous how FAST and how MUCH their stock prices rose in such little time. China is protecting their money and trying to keep their wealth inside the country rather then leaking out. Nothing to do with bad-mouthing or overthrowing.[/citation]

Agree, actually other than protesting or sabotaging the government itself, life in china had more freedom than country like Malaysia and Singapore as long as you can proof yourself worthy.

In sense of humor... Well at least you won't be affected by Islamic or religious laws (Which i believe most non Muslim or believers of that religious in question don't want it).

ctmk

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2008
[citation][nom]sunrise8372[/nom]shqtth :The world neds to block China. And also the Wolrd needs to stop getting crap made there and start producing our stuff. If you think about it, things are not equal. Chine thinks it can make money from all of us, but when it comes time to try to compete in china market not a chance. Its so one sided. China hordes all the money it makes. One day they will control everything due to Corporations greed.good. you first. threw your pc, tv, kitchen appliances, network router, cable, sheetrock that build your house. wood floor,. I just couldn't do that. every 9 out of 10 stuff in my house is made in china. even things I bought from Europe that is made in china too. you are rigth about that we should start producing our own stuff in our country now. otherwise you cant boycott china or you will have to living like a cave man.[/citation]

God created the world, everything else is created in China.

videobear

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2012
Let's forget about China and trade policy for now. How about that Terms of Service BS from Google? By golly, I'm with China! I'm not using Google Drive, either!

twu

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2007
I have been using the free Microsoft's 25GB for the past two years. What are you talking about just upgraded.

ntrceptr

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2006
so if i upload a picture or book i authored to their drive and then post it somewhere later google can sue me as that TOS BS says if you put it on their service they now own it.

ctmk

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2008
SkyDrive's free storage is changing – claim your free 25GB
SkyDrive's free storage limit is changing to 7GB, but as an existing SkyDrive user you can keep the 25GB you currently have – if you act now.

err... 25GB for limited time...

robd007

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2006
[citation][nom]twu[/nom]I have been using the free Microsoft's 25GB for the past two years. What are you talking about just upgraded.[/citation]

they had it at 25GB for a while, brought it down to 7GB, then brought it back up to 25GB like they were giving u an upgrade.

3WAS

Honorable
Jul 16, 2013
i think that China has done the right thing in this case. the point of having a govt is to do things in the interest of its peope. if China just allows google to walk into China and do whatever it wasnts, then what i.t industry will Chinese people have? they will just be slaves of the west. have you ever heard of any cloud service coming out of japan? no, because japan is a corrupt pupet of the u.s and does whatever it says, including destroy its own economy (plaza accord). so they go on google, and facebook, and develop nothing of their own. China is not perfect. it makes mistakes. for instance, China has allowed foreign cars into the country without restriction. the end result is that foreign cars dominate about 60% of the car industry in China at the expense of local car makers. if China were to put sone limitations of volkswagon, or honda, then perhaps China may see its own car industry start to shine. from what i have noticed, buying foreign stuff has only hurt China. China's main enemies are europe, and america. recently they had a terorist attack, and the Chinese government said that it was funded by the west. so why does China keep buying foreign stuff? so they can keep inviting terrorist attacks? also, China is surrounded militarily by the u.s regime, and China is still buying loads of american stuff. all of this security talk that the west says actually applies to China the most. i think the west poses a huge threat to China, while China poses no threat to the west. can you imagine China sponsoring separtism, terorism on u.s or european soil? neither can i. however, the u.s and europe regularly sponsor terror, and sepratism on Chinese soil. heck, taiwan practically belongs to the usa, and europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.