Chinese Couple Sell Baby to Buy Cell Phone

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jerther

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
[citation][nom]ayshu[/nom]Here is a touching article for you to read to lighten you day, the story came from the same city( ChongQing, China ).http://www.funtouristattractions.c [...] ing-china/As an American of Chinese descendant, I find your comments offensive. It seems you deny the humanity of an entire race just because you read a few negative reports. Don't you know the good news were often "censored" by the media because public enjoy bad news and controversy more than "boring" old happy news?[/citation]
I count on people like you to show good stuff to people like me ;) Seriously, as far as I'm concerned, no offences were intended. I was just expressing my uninformed point of view.

bin1127

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2008
[citation][nom]sliem[/nom]You don't see "happy" news, only shocking or negative news.[/citation]

if it's not shocking or negative it's not entertaining therefore not news.

Bluescreendeath

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2009
[citation][nom]andeshdfndfh[/nom]@ RobertKingWhen I read the article my first thought was: "At least the guy who bought it wants to sell it back to the parents." I remember reading an article about blackmarket dishes. The most expensive? Human fetus Soup. Origin: China. Look up Chinese Ribs, that's what the underground call it... it's sickening, and I'm pretty sure that doesn't happen in any other countries :-\[/citation]
@andeshdfndf

You obviously didn't bother to do any rudimentary fact checking. The people eating babies story was actually a made up story created by evangelical Christians in order to demonize abortions. There was a case of an artist who ate something that was in the shape of a fetus as an art expression…but that was a different case.

You really shouldn't believe everything you see on the internet.

superprelude

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2009
The couple now wants the baby back because they find out they can sell the baby 4 times the price to get high profit.

It's about money.

ayshu

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2009
[citation][nom]andeshdfndfh[/nom]@ RobertKingWhen I read the article my first thought was: "At least the guy who bought it wants to sell it back to the parents." I remember reading an article about blackmarket dishes. The most expensive? Human fetus Soup. Origin: China. Look up Chinese Ribs, that's what the underground call it... it's sickening, and I'm pretty sure that doesn't happen in any other countries :-\[/citation]

I think you have been mislead. It's not "fetus" in the soup, it's placenta. People living in certain parts of China believe it helps a mother to recover after giving birth.

gorehound

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2009
I happen to like Chinese people not their goverment.I am 54 and have many fond memories of being a child in the 60's and going to Chinatown with my father who worked a few blocks away and that was my 1st exposure to Asians.
Since then I love reading about Asia History and China,watching Chinese films, and still loving their foods.
Someday I would like to see their country.But like I said above their goverment sucks not the average Chinese person who doesnot suck.
Bad people come in evry color oand shape.

Pei-chen

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007
[citation][nom]Jerther[/nom]It's not about reading ONE article, it's like it's ALL of them articles that make us think china sucks[/citation]
Notice I also love how stupid online reporters are the same the world over. Hint, hint.

If you don't think what you are reading at a particular site/paper is controlled by the reporter/editor, maybe that's why you are not getting it.

enforcer22

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2006
[citation][nom]Pei-chen[/nom]LOL, I love how stupid people are the same the world over.They read a baby selling story in China and they think all Chinese sell their babies. They read a wife beating story in Ireland and they think all Irish beat their wife. They read a man, machine love story in Japan and think all Japanese are electrophile and all British bas bad teeth.BTW, I also love how stupid online reporters are the same the world over. They all work for tabloid without knowing it.[/citation]

your talking about stereo typs.. well they are that for a reason.

It is more common in china to sell children because of laws thats why people say that.

im irish so hell ill admit it.. drink and punch relatives common.

japan... well they just wierd lol

and yeah british seem to have a fettish for not brushing thier teeth OBVIOUSLY not everyone from that country mr i have no common sense and i cannot help but take everything litteraly.

as for selling the baby artical its hardly news in a country where child selling trading ect. is common place.

G

Why is it everytime an article that comes out about something like this that has to do with China you get some idiots that turn it into a "Well what about the USA" as if the intention of the article is to criticize the Chinese people and gain a sense of superiority. Why is it always "What about the USA" why don't these happy China idiots say "What about Russia, What about Europe" No, it is always what about America. I swear, the envy people have towards the USA just seems to be some people's life purpose. All a news article serves to show is that this is a fact and a terrible one at that. Don't turn a blind eye this harsh fact because it took place, and we should do the same no matter where the incident took place.

stumpystumped

Distinguished
May 25, 2009
[citation][nom]bin1127[/nom]if it's not shocking or negative it's not entertaining therefore not news.[/citation]
well everyone seems to be interested in the shocking and negative. eg. who cares if a celeb donates 10Mil, but everyone cares if a celeb steals a bottle of Coke or put on 2kg of fat on their legs.

tacoslave

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2009
[citation][nom]CChick[/nom]what about the dumpster X baby incident? Oh yeah last year there were couple of babies left at the park in NYC ?and the girl that got locked up for how many years as sex slave? That makes America sucks? does it ?[/citation]
[citation][nom]CChick[/nom]Welcome to America.[/citation][citation][nom]CChick[/nom]So more baby in dumpsters? and hey, stop bitching about censorship when your o-beloved US government can tap your calls without a warrant rofl.[/citation]

ok we get it you hate america.

Manos

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
[citation][nom]El_Capitan[/nom]A cell phone, really? I would have bought a PS3 instead. Oh well, maybe the next baby...[/citation]

Fanboysm and retardation have become one and infected you. I feel sorrry for you and the ones uprating your post. Were you sold by your parents for an Atari maybe?

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
[citation][nom]matt_d[/nom]Have you ever eaten chinese food? If their economy and values are anything like the foos we get then they can have em....I'm still getting the aftermath of the food I had 2 days ago. P.S. The fork is way easier than two sticks...we should send them some.[/citation]
Screw the fork.
What's so bad about chop sticks? Takes only a minute to learn how to use them, and they are superior for eating noodle based foods...
[citation][nom]Spanky Deluxe[/nom]That may all be true but all of that pales in comparison as to what the rest of the world think of Americans!![/citation]
I hate you! I'm not offended (Canadian), but my chest is sore, and laughing hurts right now...

G

I see a lot of people decrying this whole situation, but is it really that much different that an arranged adoption? The article claims they felt they couldn't provide properly for the child, it's not like they saw the cell phone and said "Hey lets sell the baby!"

They clearly should have done more checking in to the person they sold the baby to though, or better yet gone through an official agency of some kind. But from the article it seems apparent they weren't doing this out of want for a cell phone.

rean24

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2009
[citation][nom]superprelude[/nom]The couple now wants the baby back because they find out they can sell the baby 4 times the price to get high profit.It's about money.[/citation]

possible.....

Status
Not open for further replies.