Chinese Tablet Maker Admits to Copying iPad

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

flurrball

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2009
I'm shocked to see not one, but two racial slurs in the comments. Grow up people, there are ways to express yourself that don't involve insulting entire groups of people.

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
How much does it sell for? And, does it run English windows XP?

Come on, who cares about apple, these are the questions we want answered!

balister

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2006
[citation][nom]JohnnyLucky[/nom]This is great! More material for the iPad soap opera. It's starting to look as if it has potential to go prime time ala the old "Dallas" soap opera.[/citation]

Does this mean that SteveJ is going to get shot and killed and then we'll wake up and find out he's taking a shower in our bathroom?

Pei-chen

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007
Jane, where does it states that Shenzhen Industrial admits copying iPad? The company marketed the P88 as an “Imitation Apple handwritten notebook.” but they didn't admit wrongdoing. For a journalist, you seem to have inadequate reading skill.

BTW, beating Apple come out with a rumored product take some mad skill and rightfully Apple needs to pay for dragging its feet when the product is ready (the P88 beats iPad to the market by 5 months). This all reminds me of the white LED war.

sandersann

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2009
[citation][nom]amarok[/nom]Funny to read about complaints from China about copy-products, considering they illegally copy almost all software/hardware in the world - heck, they steal and copy everything which isn't nailed to the floor, those slant-eyed bitches![/citation]

Maybe you sould keep your racism to yourself
Unless you have specific evidence that the company in question has illegaly copied products, what you said is irrelevant and rather ignorant. Company x should be not held responsible for what others in the country have done (no ne denies that China as a whole has a history of copyright infringment). Just like I will not hold other Americans guilty for your blatant and ignorant racism and rant.

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
[citation][nom]tenor77[/nom]Agreed. You need a real OS to be worthwhile IMO. This closed "gated community" approach to computing disgusts me to no end.[/citation]

It's called a 'walled garden'... come on doesn't that sound nice? A cool garden, AND a wall?!! I can't believe anyone would bash them.

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
[citation][nom]sandersann[/nom]Just like I will not hold other Americans guilty for your blatant and ignorant racism and rant.[/citation]
You assume that because he made a racist remark that he is American?!!

[citation][nom]sandersann[/nom]Maybe you sould keep your racism to yourself[/citation]
Ditto, dude.

amarok

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
[citation][nom]sandersann[/nom]Maybe you sould keep your racism to yourselfUnless you have specific evidence that the company in question has illegaly copied products, what you said is irrelevant and rather ignorant. Company x should be not held responsible for what others in the country have done (no ne denies that China as a whole has a history of copyright infringment). Just like I will not hold other Americans guilty for your blatant and ignorant racism and rant.[/citation]

I'm not racist - I can never be a racist.. man, woman, child, white, black, brown, red, yellow, christian, muslim, jew, dog, cat, fish and minerals what have you..I am not a racist because I hate all equally much ;-)

notsleep

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2010
i think it should be called ishoe instead of ipad. you're limited to apple apps and it uses a puny smart phone processor. iphone os is disgustingly useless. who wants to read a novel on lcd screen? they'll rip their eyes out after 20 min. this isn't e-paper, people!

CChick

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2008
[citation][nom]amarok[/nom]Funny to read about complaints from China about copy-products, considering they illegally copy almost all software/hardware in the world - heck, they steal and copy everything which isn't nailed to the floor, those slant-eyed bitches![/citation]

Hey dick head.

The paper you're using/seeing everyday, oh shit where did that "originally" came from? oh yea, its China.

Talk about copying the others? ROFL. kiss my ass bitch.

jomofro39

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2009
I am against all racism, but the ideologies of a minority of the manufacturing sector of the Chinese, and their government is ridiculous. They sacrifice human rights to make cheaper products, and their government doesn't allow them access to all information. It is sad that they have no qualms about copying software straight up and backwards engineering hardware. No innovation, simply imitation. It is a cycle that must be broken from the government on, otherwise, without freedom of education, they will be forced to continue to do what they have for the past 50 years, and we all suffer from it.

HappyBB

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2008
These Chinese are notorious for making knock-offs and claim others' ideas as their own. Reading news like this one really makes me irate. I always hate them because this is like stealing. Such vulture-like people!!

Status
Not open for further replies.