flowertruck

Estimable
Feb 22, 2015
Hi!

I am wanting to purchase a receiver solely for the purpose of music listening. I want to hook a phono up and then stream from Spotify and Pandora. I have a pair of Sony SSF 5000 floor standing speakers. I want to spend about $300. I was thinking about the Yamaha R-S300BL but it doesn't stream without an add on advice. It only has 50 watt output and the speakers are at 150 watt. Thanks for any advice you might have.

Solution
Even though the maximum power rating is 150 watts the speakers will play fairly loud with less power. 50 watts of real quality power will work fine. I would suggest since music is your goal (not HT) the best way to go would be to get a used stereo receiver (with phono preamp) and add a streaming device to it. It would sound better and let you keep to your budget.
Even though the maximum power rating is 150 watts the speakers will play fairly loud with less power. 50 watts of real quality power will work fine. I would suggest since music is your goal (not HT) the best way to go would be to get a used stereo receiver (with phono preamp) and add a streaming device to it. It would sound better and let you keep to your budget.

Solution