Choosing a Refurbished Laptop - Help

Sep 8, 2018
Hello. I have been selecting a notebook for a long time. I would like to ask about your experience and recommendations. Thinking about the ThinkPad t440p or t450p. Would you recommend him this year? Is it worthwhile to buy it, or is it old and are better alternatives? I need to carry the notebook daily. Or does it cost to buy a new notebook for $ 670?
I thought I'd buy the remanufactured t440p with the basic configuration: 1600x900px, i5 4300m and then expanded it by 8x2 RAM, 256 SSD, maybe a FHD display and a 4-core processor that will have the same consumption (35W) as the original 2-core. What are your experiences with the t440p? Would you recommend a different notebook? Maybe Dell, or what? My budget is up to $ 670 Thank you for every answer.

Solution
lol, the plastics they make cases out of are super tough. my HP is rugged as all get out. I took it apart too to upgrade ram and drop in an ssd, it's solid as any. you can't afford an aluminum one and that would get all bashed up too if you are always dropping it.

if i could, i would buy that Ryzen hp, can't even get them in the usa, it's all Intel
Sep 8, 2018

No, I'm from the EU. Which notebook is better for the price? I want him for technical work. Eagle, Matlab and more ...

Sep 8, 2018

Yes it is. But I'm afraid of those plastics. That's why I thought ThinkPad. Why is he recommending this? And why AMD? Isn´t better CPU from Intel?

vapour

Commendable
Aug 28, 2017
As long as you don’t smash it or throw it on the ground, nothing to worry about. I transports mine several days a week, never see it breaks down... battery was dead first... then hdd... chassis is still good.

Peter Martin

Estimable
Oct 9, 2014
lol, the plastics they make cases out of are super tough. my HP is rugged as all get out. I took it apart too to upgrade ram and drop in an ssd, it's solid as any. you can't afford an aluminum one and that would get all bashed up too if you are always dropping it.

if i could, i would buy that Ryzen hp, can't even get them in the usa, it's all Intel

Solution