Choosing between Xperia or Levono Smartphone for around $250

kollider456

Honorable
Feb 4, 2014
Hi Everyone,

My friend wants to buy a new smartphone and the budget is around $250. The first option for her was Xperia series but then she also considered the Lenovo P780 which has a bigger screen, battery and camera resolution than the one i considered(Xperia SP) for her.
The main features she needs are a good camera, performance and display. Yeah, I know in that order.
The reason I opened up this thread is because I don't know that many people that own a Lenovo smartphone nor are there many reviews of it in my country.
So should I suggest her the Lenovo or is there any other good Xperia phones within this price range?
And as an Xperia M user I find Sony's performance to be good but I'm skeptical for Lenovo.

Thanks a lot and I look forward to your replies.

Solution

17tamj1

Estimable
Mar 20, 2014

In general Sony is better in terms of performance and reliability. But then Lenovo kicks Sony out of the game in terms of build quality. Are you considering the Lenovo unibody metal phones? Those look really good and are cheap as well. Just hold a HTC one (M7 or M8) and you will feel the difference. But then Sony's UI looks better, it is minimalist and that keeps the phone running really fast.

Solution