Chrome Browser Launches On Android -- Finally!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
Google....6 words: Microsoft Windows Vista and Halo 2

That didn't work out so well, did it? Microsoft failed is customers on both products. If it wasn't bad enough being forced to have one to run the other. Anyway, I know what's going on. Google is hoping customers will upgrade their incompatible devices, effectively forcing users to get ICS, just to get Google Chrome on their smart phones. Business has to make money somehow, right?

reprotected

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2009
It would be awesome if Android.com would recognize Bell Galaxy S II to be a Galaxy S II I9100 rather than am I9100M. Honestly, this is stupid. Us Canadian Galaxy S II owners don't get updates on Samsung Kies, and fail to meet compatibility on some apps that are compatible with the Galaxy S II in America.

G

"Users can even flip or swipe between an unlimited number of tabs as if holding a deck of infinite cards, each "card" a new window to the Internet."

Sounds like Opera Mobile/Mini to me... I hope it's less of a pain to navigate when you have lots of tabs open...

halcyon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2004
Chrome seems pretty buggy (crash prone) on my Transformer Prime. ...with that there doesn't seem much reason to use it...the stock ICS browser works quite well.

misry

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2006
[citation][nom]joytech22[/nom]Well as soon as I pulled up Youtube for the first time it crashed. :|Soooo.. Beta is definitely there for a reason. lol.[/citation]

You *are* aware that flash is not, nor will it ever be, supported.

michaelahess

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
Works insanely well on my HP Touchpad. Love the link preview and I benched it sorta, it's faster than Dolphin, Firefox, or the built in browser. Other than flash sites, I'll be using it exclusively. Though I couldn't find a spot to redirect downloads, I assume it's using the settings from Browser, but haven't tested that yet.

neon871

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2011
Chrome Sux on my Logitech version of GooleTV it only supports flash 10.1 so no www.TNT.tv and the same issue with this version of Chrome so we have a Double sux here for me.

jbo5112

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2006
They need to add flash support. I don't care if it is going away. Too many websites depend on the proprietary piece of junk. It hasn't been more than a couple of years since I saw a broken site asking me to "upgrade" to the required IE6. I expect the transition from flash will be slower.

Status
Not open for further replies.