Chrome closes at random times, in different ways..

megamidge11

Honorable
Jun 1, 2013
So a lot of times, google Chrome will crash at a random time. By crash i mean straight up close, or stop working.
Different things happen when it crashes.

1) A new tab will randomly open, and google chrome will either close fully, or stop responding

2) It will randomly close, and an error dialog appears saying ''another instance of setup is already running''. When this happens, i have tried going into task manager, and finding the application that is writing the error, but none in the list, so i cannot find the process doing it, in turn finding the file.

3) It will randomly close, and an error dialog stating that ''firewalls has stopped working''. McAfee will always say it has blocked a trojan when this one appears.

So either it is chrome, a virus, or both.
I have tried running multiple scanes with both AVG, and McAfee, none of which detect a virus/infected file on the computer.

This can be annoying, as it happens quite a lot, and sometimes when it happens, the program i was using at that very time will make that ''ding'' sound that windows makes when you try doing an action thats not possible, such as pressing backspace in an empty chat box on skype. This can sometimes effect windows exporer.

Thanks for any help,
~Sam