JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
Hey guys!

I'm thinking of giving Chrome a shot, but I'm a huge believer in giving something five seconds to impress me and if it doesn't, moving on or regressing to whatever else I was using (I had a facebook account for about 18 months before I actually added anyone). My own faults aside, has anyone used Chrome for longer than the aforementioned five seconds and was it any use?

Let me know!

:)

montyuk

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2008
well im using it at the moment on my netbook, its pretty fast, has a nice in address bar search feature which i use a lot, pretty minimal display when you hide the bookmarks bar to give you that extra bit of space.

only bad thing is the lack of adblock, but im trying to get past that using the mvps hosts file to block everything.

m3_42

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2009
best thing about it is that tabs our individual threads, each one acts like a indipendant program, but the tabs can be together in one window, or dragged out into seperate windows, and then back again.

This prevents slow downs or lockups in one, like if you opened a new IE instead of using tabs, but still having the benefits of the tabs.

Also, you can reorganize on the fly, sometime I pull a tab out so I can have it side by side, then drop it back in so I don't have multiple windows.

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
Hmm perhaps I will give it a try. One last thing, do you guys JUST use Chrome? As in, is it good enough to replace Firefox, IE or Safari or do you use Chrome AND something else?

kslghost

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
i love chrome's design, but its incompatibility with a few sites (not all sites support chrome use) requires me to keep IE on my computer.

pxtechnology

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2009
Friends ..

I think that firefox is much easier than google chrome browser...every type of facility provided by firefox.....

ya i agree that chrome also provide every type facilities same as firefox..but something different like that......and bandwidth facility high in firefox so i like it..

--------------------------------

los angeles website design

r_manic

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009

I use Chrome, Firefox, and IE. Chrome handles all my webmail (one window, two tabs). Firefox is for my regular browsing. I only use IE because it's the only browser capable of running Outlook Web Access with full functionality. :)

Personally, Chrome isn't my workhorse, as Google's still working its kinks out. Maybe when they finally stop calling it a beta that's when I'll take it seriously.