Solved! Chrome vs Firefox: which is best today?

rscheetah30

Commendable
Jun 8, 2018
I have been using Chrome mostly for a long time but every now and then I install Firefox and this last time today I think that Firefox is snappier than Chrome and the syncing option on Firefox is also very good. Also, Firefox's design is very pretty if compared to Chrome's somewhat bland design.

Do you guys think Firefox is now a better option than Chrome, or at the very least that it is almost as good as with some better aspects?

Solution
I use both frequently. I consider them about equal in performance and reliability. Firefox allows much more customization due to about:config. I also find I prefer it's selection of plugins. Unfortunately Quantum broke or neutered some of the best plugins.

I trust Firefox more for privacy. For all the sites I stay logged into I use Chrome. While I leave Firefox in always on Private mode for all my private browsing and websites I don't want to stay logged in to.

NoPuhi

Estimable
Jan 26, 2016
Im also interested in this topic. I feel like Chrome is very liberal with my memory. Every time i open up task manager i see a bunch of chrome.exe processes running, even if i have only 1 tab open. I im not sure but i think i do feel a slight difference in performance when its not open.

The articles i have red claim there isnt a big difference in performance hit. Firefox being lighter by just a hair.
Haven tried Firefox yet to test it.

rscheetah30

Commendable
Jun 8, 2018

Firefox leaves a much lesser print on your ram consumption, that's for sure. Give it a try and see for yourself.

I use both frequently. I consider them about equal in performance and reliability. Firefox allows much more customization due to about:config. I also find I prefer it's selection of plugins. Unfortunately Quantum broke or neutered some of the best plugins.

I trust Firefox more for privacy. For all the sites I stay logged into I use Chrome. While I leave Firefox in always on Private mode for all my private browsing and websites I don't want to stay logged in to.

Solution

rscheetah30

Commendable
Jun 8, 2018
Also if you have a low amount of ram on your pc then Firefox is probably the better option(if not the only one), Chrome used to load up faster than most browsers including Firefox but now that's no longer true since Firefox has become a lot lighter on its feet lately.